WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
African-American women who are age 18 years or older and have been diagnosed with breast cancer may be eligible for this study.
WHAT DOES PARTICIPATION INVOLVE?
WILL THERE BE ANY COST OR BENEFIT TO ME?
- Complete an interview about your personal health history, your family’s history of cancer, and your healthcare planning.
- Sign medical release forms allowing the research team to obtain medical records related to the diagnosis and treatment of your breast cancer.
- Submit two saliva samples that will be sent to separate commercial companies for genetic testing.
- These procedures are expected to take approximately 1 hour.
- We will contact you for a short follow-up interview a few months later to ask you about your experience of participating in the study. This is expected to take approximately 30 minutes.
There will not be any cost to you to participate in this study. You will receive genetic ancestry results and genetic health results related to breast cancer. This genetic testing is provided through two companies: 23andMe and Color Genomics. The cost of this genetic testing will be covered by the study.
HOW MANY WOMEN ARE PARTICIPATING?
Very large numbers of participants are needed in order to identify and understand genetic risk factors for disease. Keep an eye on this website for updates!
Please contact us at 314-286-1393 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!